If you have an aim to get education in Western Governors University and you are looking for the admission, you come to the right site. The process of admission in Western Governors University is designed to help you and the university reach an informed decision about your likelihood of success.
You have to note that not every applicant is admitted. It is because not every individual is a good fit for the programs and competency-based model of this university. This university offers degrees, not classes. It is unlike other universities where the semesters begin two or three times a year, this university begins new students at the beginning of each month which launches a new term for the students. In WGU, a term is six months long and it makes up your term which are based on when you start your program.
The process of enrollment in this university is simple, continuous, and relatively straightforward. You are able to speak with an enrollment counselor who are able to guide you through the steps to applying, getting accepted and starting your degree program. When you make an admission decision, there are some criteria which are considered by WGU.
- The prior college and work experience of yours.
- Readiness Assessment results of yours if required.
- The time commitment that you are able to make to study.
You have to note that other specific admission requirements may also apply and it depends upon your program of interest. There are some general admissions requirements that you have to fulfill.
For graduate programs:
- You have to submit an official transcript verifying receipt of your bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited institution.
- You have to submit official transcripts for all prior college academic work completed.
- Your age has to be least 16 years old.
- You have to interview with an Enrollment Counselor of WGU to determine “fit” with expectations of WGU.
For undergraduate programs:
- You have to get a high school diploma or GED.
- You have to submit official transcripts of all prior academic work completed at community colleges, colleges or universities that you have attended.
- You have to be at least 16 years of age.
- You have to meet any program-specific admissions requirements.
- You will be interview by an Enrollment Counselor of WGU to determine “fit” with the expectations of WGU.
How about the steps of enrollment?
- First, you have to apply for admission and pay the application fee.
- Second, you need to request and submit official transcripts.
- Then, create your WGU student account and then apply for financial aid.
- Now, take the WGU Readiness Assessment.
- After taking the WGU Readiness Assessment, you will be interviewed with your Enrollment Counselor.
- In this step, you will satisfy your first tuition obligation.
- Then, complete orientation. There are several things that can help you:
– You have to understand the competency-based approach to education of WGU.
– Identify your learning style.
– Get skills in online research.
– You need to review time management and study skills.
– Get practice by using online communication tools like threaded discussions and chat.
– Connect with peers and mentors online.
- After that, start your personalized WGU experience.
So, are you ready to be part of Western Governors University? Prepare the requirements and enroll now.